We are often asked by engineers, product designers and researchers how AltaSim Technologies can guide them on the path to solving challenges using COMSOL Multiphysics simulation software. As we shared in the first two parts of this three-part series, our team of experts will work with your engineering department to develop a scope of work that addresses your engineering challenges and then work as an outsourced simulation team to develop high-quality simulations that provide critical engineering data. In this newsletter, we will delve into the world of training for companies that have sufficient internal resources to develop simulations.
Part 3: Training
Students that have attended the AltaSim Technologies’ training classes have expressed that training in COMSOL Multiphysics is highly beneficial. They have walked away with skills in the following areas they otherwise wouldn’t have had:
- Mastery of the Software: AltaSim’s training helps engineers understand the power and wide range of capabilities of the COMSOL Multiphysics software, as well as its features, interface, and functionality. Training ensures users can navigate the software effectively, access the necessary tools, and utilize them optimally to achieve accurate and reliable simulation results.
- Efficient Workflow: A well-structured workflow allows engineers to save time and reduce their frustration while ensuring accurate and meaningful results. Our training classes teach users how to create an efficient workflow within COMSOL Multiphysics. This includes understanding the best practices for setting up simulations, selecting appropriate physics modules, defining appropriate boundary conditions, meshing techniques, and post-processing data.
- Customization and Advanced Features: COMSOL Multiphysics provides extensive customization options and advanced features to handle complex simulations. AltaSim Technologies’ training can help users explore and understand these advanced capabilities, such as creating user-defined functions, incorporating external code, developing custom physics interfaces, and using optimization and parametric sweep techniques. This knowledge empowers users to tailor the software to their specific needs and tackle challenging simulation problems effectively.
- Troubleshooting and Error Handling: Simulations may encounter errors or produce unexpected results, and training with AltaSim equips engineers with the knowledge to troubleshoot issues that may arise. Understanding how to diagnose and address errors ensures that users can identify and solve problems, leading to more reliable simulations and accurate results.
- Simulation Best Practices: Users can enhance the reliability and credibility of their COMSOL Multiphysics simulations with AltaSim’s simulation best practices training developed by our experienced team of engineers. These best practices are essential for obtaining accurate and meaningful results and include guidance on model setup, meshing techniques, convergence criteria, result interpretation, and validation against experimental data.
- Application-Specific Training: AltaSim Technologies offers specialized training tailored to specific industries or applications. This focused training helps engineers understand how to apply COMSOL Multiphysics effectively in their respective fields, such as electromagnetics, structural mechanics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and Multiphysics coupling. It ensures that users acquire the domain-specific knowledge necessary to address industry-specific challenges.
When engineers train with AltaSim Technologies, they can significantly enhance their proficiency in utilizing COMSOL Multiphysics. Our training equips engineers with the necessary skills, knowledge, and best practices to maximize the software’s capabilities, improve simulation accuracy, and efficiently solve complex engineering problems.
Having sufficient internal resources for developing simulations is a step ahead of the rest, but your team doesn’t have to figure things out on their own. Check out our upcoming training classes and get your team scheduled today.