COMSOL Training – The Truth About Our Classes
We readily accept that our COMSOL Training classes are not for everyone, especially with COMSOL doing such a good job. The training calendar is ready for the first half of next year, and we are now registering for our classes. Check it out using this link.
Some people may wonder why an organization like ours would continue to offer these classes? One simple reason…
We want to see more and more people grow their use of COMSOL to a level of mastery; especially those people who are committed to developing tomorrow’s innovative technology solutions today!
With this in mind, we have decided to share the truth about our classes, in a rather unique way. Here is a list of The TOP Eleven reasons NOT to enroll in one of the AltaSim COMSOL Training classes:
- All training should be easy and I shouldn’t have to work very hard to master COMSOL.
- It’s just a piece of software; I’m sure there’s a manual I can read if I get stuck.
- I never really wanted to be that well-versed in knowing how to use software to create & innovate new technologies.
- I prefer to keep all my learning at 30,000’ and avoid the details.
- I only want to achieve a “casual-user” level of expertise while I am developing products that could save lives and make money.
- I would hate to learn from people who use it every day in real life situations to solve unbelievably complex problems from all over the world.
- I only use it occasionally so I don’t need it to work properly.
- I am fully conversant with all the nuances, functionality and operation of all the modules.
- My problems always solve quickly and correctly the first time.
- I have someone in my office who uses COMSOL so I can always bounce ideas off them.
- I don’t want to solve problems, just identify that they are there.
We do not provide a 30,000’ view. Instead, we tunnel deep into the everyday use of COMSOL. We are not looking to train the casual user – rather, we are looking to train those who want to master the functionality in COMSOL to maximize its effectiveness. We are not selling COMSOL, but if we could we would. We use COMSOL daily to solve a wide range of problems from CFD to Structural, from Plasma to Heat Transfer, from Electromagnetics to Acoustics; also we solve a range of problems from single physics to problems with more physics than we have fingers and toes. We have shown that COMSOL can address problems previously considered intractable and provide insight, guidance and knowledge to help new technologies reach the market place. This is why we continue to schedule COMSOL Training classes.
If you find this hard to believe, you are not alone. It shocked us too! We didn’t realize we were this passionate about offering COMSOL training classes until we started to pay attention to some of the feedback from our students. Of course we can’t share details of what they are working on but we can share the range of projects that people sitting in our intimate classroom are using COMSOL to address, a list that is too long to list exhaustively but has included:
- CFD of both single and multiphase flow CFD: Single Phase Flow in COMSOL
- Electromagnetic radiation Electromagnetics in COMSOL: RF and Wave Optics
- Structural-Thermal deformation Structural Mechanics Solutions using COMSOL
- MEMS technology
- Electromagnetics Electromagnetics in COMSOL: AC/DC
- Electroacoustic Acoustic Solutions using COMSOL
- Device heating Heat Transfer Solutions using COMSOL
And we can share that these students have come from:
- The United States (East Coast, West Coast and all the bits in between, including Columbus, Ohio)
- Saudi Arabia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- South Korea
With 12 seats and multiple instructors, we realize that this may be way too much personal attention for most engineers. We’ve almost had to apologize for that too, but what can we say… We’re crazy about wanting to see people master COMSOL! But don’t blame us… blame the good folks at COMSOL for developing such a powerful tool.