Create the Future Design Contest 2014
Since 2002, NASA Tech Briefs has been stimulating and rewarding engineering innovation through the Create the Future Design Contest. During that time, the annual event has attracted more than 8,000 product design ideas from engineers, entrepreneurs, and students worldwide. And in recent years, it has attracted us, with Jeff serving as one of the judges in 2010, 2012 & 2013.
Even though it is still January, and Create the Future doesn’t officially open for entries until March 1st, we believe it is never too early to remind you and encourage you to participate. Categories include:
- Aerospace & Defense — Product innovations with applications in the aerospace, aviation, and/or defense markets.
- Consumer Products — Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
- Electronics — Products that improve computing, communications, and other fields that rely on advances in electronic components and systems.
- Machinery and Equipment — Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
- Medical Products — Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
- Safety and Security — Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
- Sustainable Technologies — Products that help reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
- Transportation & Automotive — Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
For a full list of last year’s winners, and sponsors, and to learn more about how the contest works, visit them Create the Future website at www.createthefuturecontest.com. You just might see something that inspires you. One of the things we like to point out is that our good friends over at COMSOL are Sponsors, along with SAE International™. They just keep on serving.