To register, click on the orange 'Register Now' button.
For questions e-mail or call Lynne Smith at 614 861 7015 x10. Early registration is encouraged as the number of participants is limited. Upon registration you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your reservation and additional information from AltaSim.
Dates and Location
The course will be live and interactive.
This course provides an introduction to performing heat transfer analysis using COMSOL Multiphysics. The course covers:
- Implementation of the governing equations for heat transfer
- Analysis of conduction, convection and radiation
- Boundary conditions and mesh refinement for heat transfer analyses
- Heat transfer with phase changing material
- Heat transfer in biological systems
- Heat transfer in pipes
- Application to a range of heat transfer problems
Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of COMSOL Multiphysics before attending.
The fee for this course is $1350 per person.
Days 1 & 2, 12:30pm – 5:00pm
Attendees will be led through use of COMSOL Multiphysics to perform analysis of heat transfer phenomena. The following items will be covered:
- The fundamental principles governing heat transfer analysis
- Set up of heat transfer analyses in COMSOL
- Analysis of conductive heat transfer in materials with anisotropic thermal conductivity
- Analysis of convective cooling using heat flux boundary conditions
- Analysis of convective cooling using fluid flow conditions
- Use of infinite elements in heat transfer problems
Days 3 & 4, 12:30pm – 5:00pm
These sessions will cover radiative heat transfer and obtaining converged solution using practical examples. The following specialized heat transfer conditions will be examined:
- Heat transfer with phase change
- Evaporation and condensation
- Heat transfer in biological systems (e.g., thermal tissue ablation)
- Heat transfer in piping systems
Who should attend
This course is intended for people who wish to analyze heat transfer behavior using COMSOL Multiphysics. It is expected that attendees will have an existing knowledge of the structure of COMSOL Multiphysics and will possess a relevant engineering, physics, mathematics or science background.
Instruction will be performed by experienced engineers who use COMSOL Multiphysics on a daily basis to solve a wide range of complex Heat Transfer problems. Among the instructors will be:
Sergei has more than thirty years experience in computational analysis and specializes in analysis of problems relating to electromagnetic, vibration, plasma and acoustic phenomena, structural, piezo-electric, and heat transfer. As a Principal Engineer at AltaSim he has been instrumental in the development and application of multiphysics analysis to problems in the Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Products, Consumer Products, and Energy markets.
With more than nine years of computational analysis experience, Josh has a graduate level training in computational mechanics modeling specializing in microstructural analysis. As a Senior Engineer at AltaSim, he plays a vital role in developing solutions to a wide range of multiphysics problems using COMSOL. He has been integral to the development and teaching of both COMSOL Multiphysics and SpaceClaim courses at AltaSim.
Payment should be provided in advance and can be made by Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, company purchase order or check. For security purposes we do not accept credit card information by e-mail, but we have an electronic payment system for your convenience.
Please mail payments/purchase orders to:
130 East Wilson Bridge Rd, Suite 140
Columbus, OH 43085
Please fax purchase orders to:
614 861 7534
Please note that your seat in the course can not be confirmed until payment or a formal purchase order have been received. Instructor-led training tuition is fully refundable if we receive written notification (via mail or e-mail) of cancellation on or before seven business days prior to the class. Cancellations made less than seven business days prior to class will be charged 50 percent of the course tuition fee. If you fail to show up to class without written notice, you will be charged the full tuition. You may send a substitute in your place to avoid a fee.