AltaSim Technologies' staff has more than 25 years expertise in the development and application of finite-element based analysis using ABAQUS. We have applied ABAQUS to understand the behavior of laboratory-based tests and the response of large scale complex structural components. AltaSim's engineers can accurately simulate the behavior of a range of conditions including:
- Linear and Non-linear materials and structural behavior
- Combined structural and thermal loading (thermomechanical analysis)
- Fracture mechanics (linear and nonlinear)
- Component lifetime assessment, structural stability, and identification of safe operating conditions and inspection intervals
- High-rate loading including impact, metal forming and explosive loading of water (UNDEX) and land based (AIREX) applications
- Heat transfer due to conduction, convection and radiation
- Large deformation using explicit solver techniques
- Surface contact, impact analysis and inelastic buckling phenomena
- Structural vibration
- Complex materials response including linear, non-linear and time dependent behavior including traditional structural, thermo-elastic/plastic and biomaterials
- Specialized user material models (UMATS)
Over the years, AltaSim's expertise in these areas has supported a wide range of technology developments including the design of large scale ship structures subject to high rate loading and small scale implanted medical devices under loading from human body activity; the identification of safe operating limits and inspection intervals for damaged petrochemical plants, and the manufacturing conditions for automotive component production; the impact of manufacturing induced residual stresses on the behavior of complex structures and the development of material processing and manufacturing operations.
Struggling with ABAQUS?
Contact Us about our COMSOL consulting services!