Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Seniority Level: Associate-Mid level
Employment Type: Full-time
A dynamic technology company, AltaSim Technologies requires a sales professional that is comfortable hunting for new business. This key position will entail interacting with product designers, engineers and senior level managers who will utilize simulation software. Key duties will include identifying client needs for consulting or training on the use of multiphysics simulation software and ensuring new clients recognize the value of AltaSim Technologies’ services. You will be working as a key team member to discover new clients, engage with the client to determine their computer simulation needs and arrange for technical meetings with the AltaSim Technologies engineering team.
This position serves as the initial contact for clients utilizing AltaSim Technologies’ services. This position is expected to consistently demonstrate excellent business development skills, client acquisition abilities and initial client engagement leadership, as well as represent company values within the organization.
ALTASIM TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY
AltaSim Technologies is a privately held company focused on the growing market for simulation software consulting and training services targeting medium to large sized innovative product corporations. AltaSim Technologies provides a best-in-class service offering because of its 23 years of experience leading the industry.
At AltaSim Technologies, we harness tomorrow's technology to enable our customers to capture today's markets.
Proactive and Purposeful – Add Energy and Value – Pursue Constructive Solutions – Do The Right Thing – Embrace Challenge
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Represent the company by consistently demonstrating the understanding of and portraying the company’s mission and values
- Align the overall company solution to the client’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements. Be the voice of the client for the company
- Be responsible for selling consulting services, finding training class participants, and explaining the value-added services that AltaSim provides to new clients
- Guide clients from initial contact through to a technical review meeting with the AltaSim Technologies engineering team
- Increase the number of new clients each year by:
- Networking within engineering community
- Building and maintaining a consistently strong new client pipeline of opportunities
- Proactively following up on new business leads
- Using the AltaSim Technologies sales process to close new client technical meetings
- Stay abreast of and learn about all competitors. Understand new services, programs, and marketing efforts by competitors
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to: input new prospective client information and communication into CRM system, report on success metrics progress, and attend weekly internal meetings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: writing, editing and presenting. Always present yourself in a professional manner
- Be comfortable utilizing video conferencing for client calls and visiting with clients in person when they come to the AltaSim Technologies office
- Attend trade shows and conferences, when needed, and be the AltaSim Technologies' representative at these events
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree. Engineering, Scientific or Technology degree is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 3 years successful experience as a sales development contributor
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals and targets
- Experience in B2B service business models is preferred, but not required
- Ability and experience communicating with senior manager levels within the client organization
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Attentive to forecasting and business reporting responsibilities
- At least an intermediate level in using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is preferred, but not required
- No relocation offered. Preference is to be located in the Columbus, Ohio metro area, but not required
Please email a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.