Dates and Location
Organization: AltaSim Technologies
130 East Wilson Bridge Rd, Suite 120
Columbus, OH 43085
This one-day course provides an introduction to solving ray tracing problems using COMSOL Multiphysics. The course covers ray tracing problems including:
- Description of ray tracing methods
- Dependence on physical properties of the EM source and propagation environment
- EM field strength propagation and spatial distributions
- Low frequency (radio and microwave) applications
- High frequency electromagnetic (EM) field propagation models
- Introductory and classical applications from geometric and ray optics
- Technical approaches for importing and analyzing non-traditional model domains
- Wide area geometries such large geophysical domains and city-level mapping scales
- Best practices for obtaining high quality solutions
Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of COMSOL Multiphysics before attending.
The cost of this one-day course is $800.00 per person.
Day 1, 8:30am – 5:00pm
In this one-day course, attendees will be led through use of COMSOL Multiphysics to perform ray optics analyses using COMSOL Multiphysics. The following items will be covered:
- Fundamental governing equations of electromagnetic wave phenomena
- Understanding of the simplifications of the electromagnetic wave propagation solution associated with the ray tracing methodology
- Selection of boundary conditions
- Best practices for selection of mesh refinement
- Wave propagation under a variety of situations
- Error developed in solution as a function of wavelength and geometric length scales
- Practical application of ray tracing to electromagnetic wave propagation in an urban environment
To register, click on the orange ‘Register Now’ button. For questions e-mail or call Lynne Smith at 614 861 7015 x110. Early registration is encouraged as the number of participants is limited. Upon registration you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your reservation and additional information from AltaSim.
Instruction will be performed by experienced engineers who use COMSOL Multiphysics on a daily basis to solve real world problems. Among the instructors will be:
Sergei has over thirty years experience in computational analysis and specializes in analysis of problems relating to electromagnetic, vibration, plasma and acoustic phenomena, structural, piezo-electric, and heat transfer. As a Senior Engineer at AltaSim he has been instrumental in the development and application of multiphysics analysis to problems in the Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Products, Consumer Products, and Energy markets.
Training will take place between 8:30am and 5:00pm, check-in is open from 8:00am. Lunch and refreshments during the morning and afternoon sessions are provided.
Payment should be provided in advance and can be made by Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, company purchase order or check. For security purposes we do not accept credit card information by e-mail, but we have an electronic payment system for your convenience.
Please mail payments/purchase orders to:
130 East Wilson Bridge Rd, Suite 140
Columbus, OH 43085
Please fax purchase orders to:
614 861 7534
Please note that your seat in the course can not be confirmed until payment or a formal purchase order have been received.
Instructor-led training tuition is fully refundable if we receive written notification (via mail or e-mail) of cancellation on or before seven business days prior to the class. Cancellations made less than seven business days prior to class will be charged 50 percent of the course tuition fee. If you fail to show up to class without written notice, you will be charged the full tuition. You may send a substitute in your place to avoid a fee.