The course will be live and interactive with the content being the same as the classroom-based training.
This four half-day course provides an introduction to solving RF electromagnetic wave phenomena using COMSOL Multiphysics. The course covers:
- Implementation of the governing Maxwell equations for electromagnetic wave propagation
- Material properties required for accurate simulation of RF electromagnetic phenomena
- Unique boundary conditions and mesh refinements for RF analyses
- Application to a range of wave propagation modes for RF electromagnetic analyses
Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of COMSOL Multiphysics before attending.
The cost of this course is $1350 per person.
Who should attend
Electromagnetics in COMSOL Multiphysics (RF) is intended for people who wish to analyze electromagnetic wave phenomena using COMSOL Multiphysics. It is expected that attendees will have an existing knowledge of the structure of COMSOL Multiphysics and will possess a relevant engineering, physics, mathematics or science background.
Days 1 & 2, 12:30pm – 5:00pm EDT
Attendees will be led through use of COMSOL Multiphysics to perform analysis of high frequency electromagnetic wave propagation. The following items will be covered:
- Fundamental governing equations of electromagnetic wave phenomena
- Required material properties
- Selection of general boundary conditions for electric and magnetic field
- Best practices for selection of mesh refinement
- Application of perfectly matched layers
- Calculation of critical parameters in the analysis of electromagnetic waves
Days 3 & 4, 12:30pm – 5:00pm EDT
Days 3 and 4 will cover a range of relevant applications commonly encountered in analyzing electromagnetic phenomena. The following items will be addressed:
- Wave propagation under a variety of situations
- Analysis of wave propagation using waveguides and transmission lines
- Electromagnetic wave radiation
- Analysis of electromagnetic scattering and diffraction
To register, click on the orange ‘Register Now’ button. For questions e-mail or call Lynne Smith at 614 861 7015 x10. Early registration is encouraged as the number of participants is limited. Upon registration you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your reservation and additional information from AltaSim.
Instruction will be performed by experienced engineers who use COMSOL Multiphysics on a daily basis to solve real world problems. Among the instructors will be:
Sergei has over thirty years experience in computational analysis and specializes in analysis of problems relating to electromagnetic, vibration, plasma and acoustic phenomena, structural, piezo-electric, and heat transfer. As a Principal Engineer at AltaSim he has been instrumental in the development and application of multiphysics analysis to problems in the Automotive, Aerospace, Medical Products, Consumer Products, and Energy markets.
With over nine years of computational analysis experience, Josh has a graduate level training in computational mechanics modeling specializing in microstructural analysis. As a Senior Engineer at AltaSim, he plays a vital role in developing solutions to a wide range of multiphysics problems using COMSOL. He has been integral to the development and teaching of both COMSOL Multiphysics and SpaceClaim courses at AltaSim.
Payment should be provided in advance and can be made by Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, company purchase order or check. For security purposes we do not accept credit card information by e-mail, but we have an electronic payment system for your convenience.
Please mail payments/purchase orders to:
130 East Wilson Bridge Rd, Suite 140
Columbus, OH 43085
Please fax purchase orders to:
614 861 7534
Please note that your seat in the course can not be confirmed until payment or a formal purchase order have been received. Instructor-led training tuition is fully refundable if we receive written notification (via mail or e-mail) of cancellation on or before seven business days prior to the class. Cancellations made less than seven business days prior to class will be charged 50 percent of the course tuition fee. If you fail to show up to class without written notice, you will be charged the full tuition. You may send a substitute in your place to avoid a fee.